As resources allow, GAP provides targeted assistance to a number of National Society Blood Services. These countries are identified by GAP based on the Self-assessment results and other information obtained through GAP's activities.
Support countries have been assessed by GAP as requiring specific assistance in corporate governance and risk management of blood programs.
Support provided may include:
- In-country support visits;
- Provision of GAP tools, resources and GAP expertise;
- Identification of partnering opportunities with other National Society Blood Services;
- Coordination of technical assistance from GAP members or partners;
- Advocacy support with key stakeholders.
GAP's current support countries are: