The purpose of the GAP Development of Safe and Sustainable National Blood Programmes Manual is to provide guidance to National Societies that are engaged in any level in supporting their national blood programme.
- Identifies the features of sustainable Red Cross/Red Crescent (RC/RC) blood programmes;
- Describes the international standards that National Societies should adhere to when maintaining a blood programme;
- Assists member societies to assess the risks of blood service provision;
- References World Health Organisation (WHO) and International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) policies and guidelines;
- Provides a unique RC/RC perspective on the different aspects of maintaining a blood programme.