Global Advisory Panel
on Corporate Governance and Risk Management of Blood Services in Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies
GAP's Manual for the Development of Safe and Sustainable National Blood Programs provides guidance to National Societies engaged in any level of their national blood programme.
- Identifies the features of sustainable Red Cross/Red Crescent (RC/RC) blood programmes;
- Describes the international standards that National Societies should adhere to when maintaining a blood programme;
- Assists member societies to assess the risks of blood service provision;
- References World Health Organisation (WHO) and International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) policies and guidelines;
- Provides a unique RC/RC perspective on the different aspects of maintaining a blood programme.
View the GAP Manual here